Operationalization of the OAU-COP Website Dashboard for Proposal Development and Submission
The OAU Community of practice for grantsmanship website (OAU-COP) is (but not limited to) a Current Research Information system (CRIS) that features a formal, computer based and internet driven system designed to store, manage and exchange contextual metadata for all research activities funded by a research funder or conducted at Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife.
Operationalization of the OAU-COP Website Dashboards
For the operationalization of the Web-enabled Community of practice website, two main accessibility strategies are defined:
1. The Visitor Access: Allows every visitor to interact with open content on the website without needing to register or create an account in the Dashboard.
2. The User Access: Allows access to only restricted areas of the website (including the Dashboard) after due registration and authentication. Users are categorized into two main groups:
I. Normal User (Can Access the User Dashboard via the User Portal)
II. Admin User (Can Access the Administrative Dashboard via the Admin Portal)
User Dashboard: The user Dashboard is a restricted area on the OAU-COP Website that allows default users (like researchers, grantees, etc.) perform basic functions on the website which include (but not limited to) access to customized live feeds, available research toolkits, project management tools, policy documents, collaborative tools and custom notifications about available grants, etc.
Admin Dashboard: The Admin Dashboard is a restricted area on the OAU-COP Website that allows only authorized users (like research administrators, IT Support, Grantees, Research Supervisors and Managers, etc.) to perform administrative functions on the website which include but not limited to: site analytics, access to, and review of proposals, visitor tracking, user management tools, grants management tools, knowledge-base manager, content management tools as well as Research project lifecycle management tools ,etc.
A. Operationalization of the User Dashboard
- Creation of a CoP Account
- Subsequently, the user can login
- Visiting the User Dashboard
- (The link for the user Dashboard is always visible on the main menu for all logged in users)
On the User Dashboard, the user can fill the Proposal Submission Form (PSF), with details contained below:
- On the User Dashboard, the user engages the new “Creates new Project” tab to create a new Project.
- The Project Creation process involves indicating:
a) Name of Project
b) Detailed Description of Project
c) Name of Sponsor
e) Team Members
g) Other Necessary Information
h) Agreement to CoP Terms of service
- Once the Project is created, the Admin gets a notification that a new project has been created via email via the Admin Dashboard. Details of the Project are accessible by the Admin via the “Project Manager” Tab
- The Details of the Projects are also retained and accessible by the user via the “My Projects” Tab.
- The Status of the Project is always indicated on the “My Projects” Table. The phases of the Project may include:
a. Proposal received
b. Proposal allocated to reviewers
c. Proposal undergoing review
d. Review process completed
e. Proposal sent back to the PI for corrections
f. Final corrections made on the proposal by the PI
f. All institutional support documents provided by the COR
- Proposal is fully vetted and approved for submission by the COR
- Proposal is submitted
B. Operationalization of the Admin Dashboard
- Creation of a CoP Account on the Dashboard*
- Subsequently, the Admin can login
- Visiting the Admin Dashboard (The Admin will automatically be displayed if the user is assigned the role of an Admin)
(The link for the Admin Dashboard is visible as a sub-menu to the user menu for Admin).
- The Admin can also access the User Menu.
- On the Admin Dashboard, administrators can view all available project tabs to see all current submissions and their statuses.
- On the creation of a new project by a new user, the Admin gets a notification that a new project account has been created via email via the Admin Dashboard. Details of the Project are accessible by the Admin via the “Project Manager” Tab.
- The Details of the Projects are also accessible and may be executed by the Admin via the “Projects” Tab.
- The Status of the Projects per user is always indicated on the “Projects” Tab.
- The Admin monitors the statues of the all proposal submissions, and allocates proposals to reviewers and send feedback to PI in a timely manner